Saturday, September 08, 2007

HOPE


Staring out the window, looking at the mail truck pulling out of the drive way.
And I can't wait until tomorrow just to see if your letter will finally arrive.
Sitting on the bench outside my house
imagining a million things that that letter could say.
Maybe how much you miss me or that you finally found your heart to me.
That I'm the one for you or that you will be here soon.
Yet you letter not on its way and I in absolute denial.
Starting to hate the mail man, just had to find someone to blame.
I start a million letters, yet none of them I finish.
Even before I go to bed I check up on that mail box, making sure I didn't miss it.
My friends and family starting to call me crazy.
The pain grows bigger. Finding more excuses to cover for the time passed.
You probably lost my address, yet you could've called.
Nothing seems more reasonable than to say you never cared.
Still I tell my heart to hold on to this love and my mind to hold on to this memories.
Once again the mail man comes and as I see the truck leaving
there also goes my last hope and after ten months I realized that I expected too much.

No comments: