Thursday, March 08, 2007

TAKE CARE OF YOUR PARENTS

We should take care of our parents, the same way we want to be taken cared
of by our children.. when we get to be old just like our parents...

A man tells how his booking an air ticket for his parents, their first
flight, brought emotions and made him realize that how much we all take for
granted our parents:

"My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to
the airport to see them off. In fact my parents had never traveled by air
before, so I just took this opportunity to make them experience the same.
In spite of being asked to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on
Lufthansa.

The moment I handed over the tickets to them, they were surprised
to see that I had booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on
their faces, waiting for the time of travel. Just like school kids, my
parents were preparing on that day and we all went to the airport. Right
from using the trolley for their luggage, the baggage checking and asking
for window seat and waiting restlessly for the security check-in to
happen, they were thoroughly enjoying themselves and I, too, was overcome
with joy watching them experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security check-in, my father
walked up to me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very
emotional and it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that
this meant a great deal to him. When he said thanks, I told him there was
no need to thank me. But later, thinking about the entire incident, I
looked back at my life.

As a child how many dreams our parents have made come true.
Without understanding the financial situation, we ask for toys, outings.
etc.. Irrespective of their affordability, they have satisfied to all our
needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to
accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks for all that they
have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that
we should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation,
we will ensure that we will have to give our children the best, theme
parks, toys, clothes, education, etc. But we tend to forget that our
parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our
responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and what they
failed to see when they were young, it is our responsibility to ensure
that they experience all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have
actually answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me
something, I have been very polite in answering. Now I realized how they
would have felt at those moments.

Let us realize that old age is a second childhood and just as we
take care of our children, the same attention and same care need to be
given to our parents and elders.

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say
sorry for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how
much he has sacrificed for my sake and I will do my best to give the best
possible attention to all their wishes. Just because they were old does
not mean that they will have to give up everything and keep sacrificing for
their grandchildren also. They have wishes, too."


Take care of your parents.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister